Modern Day Mood Ring, Check Your Facebook Status From Your Finger
Do you remember the mood ring? Scratch that. You are too young to remember that craze because I am actually too young to fully remember it. It was a fad in the mid-late seventies where the stone stuck on your ring would change color based on temperature. Theoretically predicting your mood. Many companies have tried to revive the fad in one form or another but an Indiegogo project called the Smarty Ring just might do it.
The Smarty Ring is not only a nifty 80s era LED watch but will also perform many other tasks of much larger and slightly more expensive tech wearable like the Pebble watch. The yet-to-be-release piece of techno-jewelry will provide;
- Incoming & outgoing call notifications
- Alerts for Text and E-Mail messages
- Real time updates from Facebook,Twitter, Hangout & Skype
- Accept or reject incoming calls
- Make outgoing calls to preset numbers
- Trigger camera
- Control music
- Change profile
- Alert your phone when you lost in the crowd.
- Alert goes off even if your phone is in silent mode
- Beeps when your phone is more than 30 meters away from you.
I call it techno-jewelry because these wearable options really only appeal to gadget freaks and geeks like myself. I am curious to see if, like the mood ring, the thrill will wear off when internet connected devices become common as opposed to novel. I personally do not have a Pebble and have not backed the Smarty Ring yet but I am enjoying my Jawbone Up24.
If you are interested in the Smarty Ring, there are only a few hours left in it’s Indiegogo bid. It is currently up to $89,000.