The Ultimate List of 2016 Marketing Predictions, 500+ Predictions from Over 200 Experts
How will the face of marketing change over the course of 2016? What will be our big news stories this year? These are the questions that every marketing authority will attempt to answer online this month in the form of prediction listicles or, in many cases, curated compilations of other expert predictions, must like this article!
Here is a collection, in no particular order, of the top-50+ marketing predictions shared though LinkedIn & Twitter according to BuzzSumo rankings plus a few more I added in for good measure. This list includes predictions from well over 200 experts on over 500 topics with themes that you should find quite familiar. In a nutshell, it’s going to be a visual, personal and mobile marketing world in 2016. These themes are featured quite heavily in the many of the experts predictions, however there are several somewhat more contemporary themes from this years crop of professional marketing guesses.
Virtual Reality Will Go Mainstream
One topic frequently mentioned is the trendy prediction of Virtual Reality either going mainstream or how this is the year for VP to break out. Much like the similar predictions for 3D TVs a few year back, I think this is probably not going to happen. Lack of great content and cumbersome hardware will eventually relegate the technology to a smaller but respectable business in academia, industrial applications and, of course, adult entertainment. It is, however, very cool and it would be great if I wrong and for these predictions to be correct.
Account Based Marketing is the New Black
The other popular prediction and the soon to be top-catch phrase of the moment will come to us in the form of “account based marketing” for B2B. This trend will absolutely happen. Why? Because, like “inbound marketing”, account based marketing is simply just layering technology over well established marketing practice and giving it a fancy new name.
Your Ads Will Be Blocked or “Publishers Strike Back”
Ad blocking is also mentioned by the experts. It’s no secret that the general public hates ads and the new flock of plugins for browsers and mobile devices are are costing publishers big bucks. This story will continue but in 2016 the publishers and ad tech industry that serves them will have to respond.
The Ultimate List of 2016 Marketing Predictions
Here is your list of 2016 marketing predictions. Send me an email or message if you would like me to add your list to the mix.
- 7 not-quite-predictions for marketing technology in 2016 – (Scott Brinker, ChiefMarTech.com)
- 14 Mobile Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2016 (Scott Gerber, Mashable)
- 10 Predictions for 2016 in SEO and Web Marketing (Rand Fishkin, Moz)
- 3 SEO Predictions You Need to Know for 2016 (Jeff Bullas)
- Michael Brenner’s Top Content Marketing Predictions For 2016 ( Newscred )
- 4 B2B Marketing Predictions For 2016 (MarketingLand)
- Trends for 2016: Five Predictions for What Won’t Happen (eMarketer)
- Trends for 2016: Six Predictions for What Will Happen (eMarketer)
- Marketing Leaders Predict: Will 2016 Be The Year Of Creativity? (CMO)
- 5 Key Social Media Marketing Trends to Watch in 2016 (Andrew Hutchinson )
- 6 Bold Predictions for Digital Marketing in 2016 (Chad Pollit)
- 69 Experts Share 2016 Marketing Predictions (Bryan Kramer +)
- 6 Content Marketing Trends to Help Plan Your 2016 Budget (SkyWord)
- 6 content marketing trends to watch in 2016 ( iMediaConnection.com )
- 6 Predictions About Digital Marketing In 2016 ( Forbes )
- 6 Predictions On The Future Of Content Marketing For 2016 (Brian Honigman)
- 7 Digital Marketing Trends For Your Brand Success in 2016 ( Brandanew )
- 7 Game-Changing Marketing Trends To Tackle in 2016 (Hubspot )
- 7 marketing technology predictions for 2016 (CIO.com)
- 7 Sales and Marketing Predictions for 2016 (Salesforce)
- 8 B2B Digital Marketing Predictions For 2016 (Jed Singer)
- Will Mobile Rule In 2016? 10 Marketing Experts Share Their Predictions For 2016 (Kosta Petrov, HuffingtonPost)
- 10 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch Out for in 2016 ( Search Engine Journal )
- 10 Expert Marketing Predictions for 2016 (Inc)
- 10 predictions for content marketing in 2016 (Mashable)
- 10 Stunning Marketing Predictions for 2016: Digital Continues to Drive Marketing Trends ( iMediaConnection )
- 16 Marketing Predictions For 2016 From The C-Suite ( Kimberly Whitler, Forbes )
- 20 Experts Provide Their Content Marketing Predictions For 2016 ( B2B Marketing Insider )
- 21 Content Marketing Predictions for 2016 ( The Content Strategist )
- 24 Days of Marketing Predictions for 2016 (Crowdly )
- 30 Predictions for Social Media and Social Media Marketing in 2016 (Social Media Today )
- 40+ Predictions on Content Marketing in 2016 (CMI)
- 2016 Customer Marketing Predictions ( Loyalty360.org )
- 2016 Marketing Predictions ( Digital Marketing Blog )
- 2016 Marketing Predictions: Martech, Adtech, content, data, Account-Based Marketing, and Beyond (Everstring)
- 2016 Social Media Marketing Predictions From the Experts : Social Media Examiner (Social Media Examiner)
- Digital marketing in 2016: Trends, tips and the new role of content (Brafton)
- Digital Marketing Predictions for 2016: Video, CRO, Personalization and More ( SEMrush )
- Expert Weigh-In: Content Marketing Predictions For 2016 ( Express Writers )
- Game-Changing Digital Marketing Trends in 2016 (Kenneth Gillett )
- Inbound Marketing Predictions for 2016 (Ph Creative)
- Predicting the Major Marketing Trends of 2016 (Infographic) (AdWeek)
- Predictions for marketing in 2016 (Gartner)
- Robots Be Damned — Here Are Our Marketing Predictions for 2016 (Britton)
- Social Media Marketing: 50+ Predictions for 2016 (Carlos Gil)
- Ten experts give their email marketing predictions for 2016 (Campaign Monitor)
- The Five Marketing Trends CMOs Can No Longer Ignore In 2016 (Jennifer Rooney Forbes )
- The Top 10 Marketing Trends That Will Define 2016 (Daniel Newman, Forbes)
- Top 10 Customer-Centric Marketing Trends for 2016 (John Arnold, Entrepreneur)
- TopRank Marketing’s 2016 Influencer Marketing Predictions (TopRank)
- What The Best Brands Will Do in 2016 (Andreas von der Heydt)
- 4 Marketing Trends to Watch for in 2016 | ( ClickZ )
What are your prediction in marketing for the new year?
Originally posted to Linkedin Pulse.